The Strand Arcade is a Victorian-style shopping arcade in Sydney, New South Wales. The Strand was built in 1891 and opened in 1892, as the fifth and last of the arcades built in Sydney in the Victorian era. It is the only one remaining in its original form today. The Arcade was originally known as the ‘City Arcade’ and sometimes as ‘Arcade Street’. In 1891 it was named after the famous London Street that links the City of London and the City of Westminster. The Strand was London’s smartest theatre, hotel and shopping street in the early 1900s.